What is Group Term Life Insurance?
It's a type of insurance that issues a specific amount of money to beneficiaries upon your death.
The one offered by the Club is a guaranteed renewable, group term. Term life insurance is the original form of life insurance
and is considered to be pure insurance protection because it builds no cash value.
Once approved, the plan cannot be cancelled or terminated for any reason other than by the Club Member or for nonpayment of premiums.
The premiums change once every five years.
Why get life insurance?
Even if you're not supporting a family, there are many reasons to have life insurance. Life insurance can be used to pay off any outstanding mortgage balance.
It can be used to replace the lost income so the survivor can maintain the same standard of living. Why burden your loved ones with funeral expenses, burial cost, and medical bills?
Why Get Life Insurance from the Club?
LA County, State of California, and LAUSD employees are not currently eligible for enrollment.
- Annual Refund Check: Each year, after we pay all claims and expenses, we divide any leftover premium payment money and return it to our members!
- Portability: Coverage is fully portable at the employee rate if you terminate your employment for any reason.
- Spouse/Domestic Partner / Dependent Coverage Available:Your spouse or domestic partner can also apply for up to the same amount of coverage for which you apply. You must have at least $30K of life insurance to enroll in dependent life.
- Automatic Payroll/ Retiree Deductions so you don't have to worry about additional bills.
- Accelerated Benefit Option: If you're diagnosed with a terminal illness, you can access up to 80% of your benefits to help alleviate the financial strain.