What is Critical Illness and Cancer Insurance
The expenses associated with a critical illness can be overwhelming to you and your family, even when you have health benefits. This plan can assist you with those expenses, so you can focus on getting better. Humana Critical Illness and Cancer Plan provides a cash payment directly to you after diagnosis, in addition to any other benefits.
Why Should I Get Critical Illness and Cancer Insurance?
- Every 42 seconds someone has a heart attack
- Each minute, someone in the United States dies from a heart disease-related event.
- Heart disease costs the United States about $207 billion each year. This total includes the cost of health care services, medications, and lost productivity.
- About 1,228,600 new cancer cases are expected to be diagnosed.
- The financial costs of cancer are great both to the individual and to society as a whole.
- The National Cancer Institute estimates overall annual costs for cancer at $107 billion; $37 billion for direct medical costs, $11 billion for lost productivity and $59 billion for mortality costs.
Why Get Critical Illness and Cancer Insurance from the Club?
LA County, State of California, and LAUSD employees are not currently eligible for enrollment.
- Cash Benefits: Use it for any purpose.
- Doctors, hospitals, cancer treatments, home health care
- Transportation to and from treatment facilities, child care
- Day to day living expenses such as mortgage or rent, utilities, groceries, or credit card payment
- Pays in Addition to other insurance you own.
- Spouse & Child(ren) Coverage Available
- Recurance Benefit Option: Provides an additional benefit for the same conditions if a covered participant is treatment-free for at least 12 months.
- Guaranteed Renewable: Coverage is renewable for life if premiums are paid on time.